10 Jun 2013

thriftshare: June 10/13 and a DIY!

So I'm a sucker for a nice wool blanket.  I have too many, yet when I see one, I just can't pass it up.  And so I have another wool blanket...
I also found some adorable apples tins - so cute for the kitchen.  Please note that the pics have been taken before I've cleaned anything....Monday morning seems to come so quickly ;)
(now available on Etsy)
And lastly this awesome Spartus alarm clock/light.  How cool is this!?  OK, maybe everyone had one as a kid, but this is a very cool space saving design - I love it! And, it works.  Gotta love that.
And my DIY....I love it, but I have to say, it's not for everyone.  I showed my visiting sister and she was nice, but "meh" about it.  Too bad she has such bad taste ;p  (kidding!)

My inspiration was from a recent Country Living magazine.  I thought this was so cool and have been looking for a front entrance 'landing strip' and storage.
Now, mine is not perfect.  I tend to be a "eh, good enough" sort of diy-er...but I love it!
Apparently filing cabinets come in 5000 different sizes, widths and heights.  So I will replace one if I find a perfectly matching size, and I still have to spray paint (and reinsert) the plastic handle inserts but it's just perfect!  I'm so easily pleased, it's silly.

Have a great thrifting week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love your cabinet makeover! I've seen something similar on Pinterest and been in the lookout for a couple of small cabinets, but have only been able to find the huge, tall ones. The yellow looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete